Mini Design Boards – or bring your own project – or just come and visit
Centreville Workshop – Saturday, July 18
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Centerville United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall
6400 Old Centerville Road
- You will NOT need a sewing machine and you will need to bring:
- Foam Board – available at Walmart and other stores – usually near the poster boards and comes in packages of 2 large pieces for a few dollars. You can make 6 mini boards from one piece (so you can share)
- Glue gun and glue sticks (we will try and share but if you have one, please bring it)
- Batting (any kind) – pieces cut a little larger than the size of the board you want to make (mini boards are 10 x 10 inches but you can make any size you want.
- A piece of 2 1/2 inch fabric long enough to go around all 4 sides of your board. You will need to sew it before the workshop. Bring a piece for each board you will want to make. To sew it, take the strip and press it in half with wrong sides together (like you were making a binding); use this center fold as your guide and fold one side into the center and press and then repeat for the other side. Stitch down the middle (over the part where the two edges meet) with a wide zig-zag stitch. Back stitch at the beginning and end.
- Rotary cutter (with a dull blade or one you don’t mind getting dull). If you have a large blade cutter, that works really well.
- Scissors (both fabric and paper)
- Find all the info and instructions at: http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2011/07/mini-design-board-tutorial.html
- IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND THE WORKSHOP, PLEASE LET SUE HEISLER KNOW (WE NEED THIS FOR PLANNING PURPOSES).