1st Tuesday, 9:30 am – Business meeting
3rd Tuesday, 9:30 am – Program meeting
2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 9:30 am – Sit & Sew and Special Groups
5th Tuesdays, 9:30 am – Quilting for Others
Greater Springfield Volunteer Fire Department Community Hall
7011 Backlick Road
Volunteers 2020 – 2021
|Vice President:||Linda Heller|
|Programs (in-house):||Joan Mayer|
|Web Page Contact:||Julia Renken|
A copy of the Springfield bylaws is available HERE.
Please visit our calendar to learn about upcoming meetings, programs, workshops and other events.
Springfield has an extensive library of quilt-related books. To view the list click HERE.
Quilting for Others
During 2020-2021 Springfield QU members are making quilts for several organizations as part of our Community Service outreach program. For members’ reference the organizations and suggested quilt sizes are below:
- Quilts for Operation Homefront baby showers, from 30″ to 50″ on a side (contact Julia Renken),
- Pillowcases for ECHO – standard bed pillow size (contact Loretta Shinol),
- Military Appreciation Quilts – delivered to American Red Cross at Fort Belvoir – lap to twin size (contact Julia Renken),
- Quilts for Foster Children in Alexandria, strip pieced blocks (contact Robin Wilson-Proctor),
- Quilts for Main Street Child Development Center, from 40″ to 60″ on a side (contact Lisa Langlais).
We make Farewell blocks for our members who move away from our area. Please make nine-patch blocks that complete to 8 inches using 3 inch cut squares, either 5 blue squares and 4 unbleached muslin squares, or 4 blue squares and 5 muslin squares. Please sign your name on one square and heat set using a hot iron.