1st Tuesday, 9:30 am – Business meeting – currently Hybrid (in person & Zoom)
3rd Tuesday, 9:30 am – Program meeting – currently either Zoom or Hybrid (in person & Zoom), depending upon the event
2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 9:30 am – Sit & Sew and Special Groups
5th Tuesdays, 9:30 am – Quilting for Others
Greater Springfield Volunteer Fire Department Community Hall
7011 Backlick Road
Volunteers 2022 – 2023
|Vice President of Planning:||Jill Redding|
|Vice President for Implementation:||Joan Mayer|
|Programs (in-house):||Rachel Childress and team|
|Web Page Contact:||Julia Renken|
Please visit our calendar to learn about upcoming meetings, programs, workshops and other events.
Our Fall 2022 Raffle will take place between November 1 and December 2. The drawing will be held on December 13. Please read the description of items in our November 2022 newsletter. To order tickets please go to: https://forms.gle/qaFeUPxFuSXREhuk8
Quilting for Others
During 2022-2023 Springfield QU members are making quilts for several organizations as part of our Community Service outreach program. For members’ reference the organizations and suggested quilt sizes are below:
- Quilts for Operation Homefront baby showers, minimum 36″ per side (contact Julia Renken),
- Pillowcases for ECHO – standard bed pillow size (contact Linda Moggio),
- Quilts for Main Street Child Development Center, from 40″ to 60″ on a side (contact Lisa Langlais),
- Quilts of Valor – minimum 55″ by 65″, maximum 60″ by 80″ (contact Tonda Hunsinger),
- Hopes and Dreams Quilts for ALS – delivered to Quilters Dream Batting Company for ALS patients – minimum 35″ by 44″ (contact Julia Renken).
We make Farewell blocks for our members who move away from our area. Please make nine-patch blocks that complete to 8 inches using 3 inch cut squares, either 5 blue squares and 4 unbleached muslin squares, or 4 blue squares and 5 muslin squares. Please sign your name with a Pigma Micron pen on one square and heat set using a hot iron.