2nd Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. – Business Meeting/Show & Tell (September through May)
4th Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. – Program Meeting
Normally at Sangster Elementary School 7420 Reservation Drive, Springfield, VA 22153
(MAP) (Except as noted in the calendar)
Our NEXT meeting
- On the 8th of August the Burke QU will Host Kathy Lincoln. Her presentation will be on “Design Own – Pieced Blocks“. Our meeting will be at Pohick Regional Library 6450 Sydenstric
ker Rd, Burke, VA 22015, United States. (MAP)
Upcoming Burke QU Speakers and Events
- Fall Retreat 2018 will be from 27 – 30 Sep at the Hampton Inn in Winchester. All seats have been filled at this time and a Wait List has been started. If you would like to be placed on the Wait List please submit your registration form soonest (first come first served) but DO NOT send money at this time. If a seat becomes available for you the money will be requested at a later date. Send just the registration form to Sandy Kretzer 5428 Flint Tavern Pl. Burke, VA 22015-2108
Recent Burke QU Speakers and Events
- On the 11th of July the Burke QU Hosted Kelly Walker, owner and artist at Life at the Studio in Front Royal. Her presentation was on “Ragtime Quilting“. Kelly was a very engaging and happy person. Her presentation on Ragtime Quilting held the members interest from the first to last word. All attendees found great interest and excitement for this art form. Some members liked the concept so much that they were anxiously looking forward to trying it on their own. Great Presentation and Thank You Kelly. Take a look at Kelly’s Web Page HERE. We held a Show and Tell opportunity after the presentation which was enjoyed by all including Kelly.
- The BQU Spring Social was held on 13 June. By all accounts, lots of fun was had by everyone and the food was excellent. There was many show and tell projects presented during the event that provided wonderful inspiration.
- The Burke QU recently hosted Barbara Wise. She gave us a hammer filled enlightening presentation on using the Natural Beauty of Plants in Fiber Art—Hammering and Dyeing.
- The Burke QU recently hosted Gyleen Fitzgerald. She gave a very engaging talk on Color Blending and Pathway to Modern. If you would like to view her Web site it can be found here Web Page.
Burke QU is now on Facebook at the following locations
PAGE address: facebook.com/QUBurke
We are now on Facebook. We have a public page for guild announcements and a private group for showing off our quilting talents and communicating about guild business with each other. If you’re on Facebook, head on over to follow the page and join our group.
If you have announcements you would like to post to the page, just send a message to Joni Geels at email@example.com?subject=Burke QU Facebook Announcement.
She’ll get it up as soon as she can.
Note from the President
Some recent Pictures
These pictures will be updated approximately every 7 days between August and June of each year. During the summer they will be changed as pictures become available.
|Vice President Admin||Betsy Stone|
|Vice President Programs||Jessica Berman|
|Auction||Susan Fernandez and Linda Cooper|
|Bee Keeper||Nancy Vogel|
|Summer/June Social||Marilyn Owendoff|
|Retreat, Fall||Linda Snow|
|Retreat, Spring||Sharon Thompson|
|Winter/Holiday Social||Debbie Bullock|
|Web Master||Jim Watson|
A copy of the Burke QU Chapter Bylaws is available HERE.
Please visit our calendar to learn about upcoming meetings, programs, workshops, and other events.
All newsletters are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. For information about PDF files, click HERE.